Expiry Date: 31-May-2023
The Safety Manager is responsible for planning, developing, implementing, and maintaining the safety program of the company. The role includes ensuring that all employees comply with safety regulations and policies and reducing the number of accidents and injuries in the workplace.
• Develop and implement a comprehensive safety program that meets regulatory standards and ensures a safe working environment for all employees.
• Conduct regular safety inspections and audits of the workplace and identify hazards and potential safety risks.
• Work with other departments to ensure safety requirements are met and integrated into operational plans.
• Develop and deliver safety training programs for employees to ensure compliance with safety regulations and policies.
• Investigate accidents, incidents, and near misses and recommend corrective action to prevent recurrence.
• Maintain accurate and up-to-date safety records and reports, including incident reports, safety statistics, and training records.
• Provide guidance and support to all levels of management on safety-related issues.
• Coordinate emergency response plans and conduct regular drills to ensure preparedness.
• Liaise with government regulatory agencies on safety matters and ensure compliance with regulatory requirements.
• Develop and manage a safety budget and ensure cost-effective safety programs and practices.
• Participate alongside project and engineering teams in preparing hazard and hazop reports for projects, risk analysis reports, and safety management reports.
• Compulsory project site safety inductions for all personnel before work commencement of any workers and visitors to project sites.
Bachelor’s degree in safety management, Engineering, or related field.
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in safety management in a related industry.
• Good knowledge of Nigerian safety regulations and standards.
• Strong communication and leadership skills.
• Proven track record in developing and implementing successful safety programs.
• Experience conducting safety audits and risk assessments.
• Ability to work collaboratively with other departments and teams.
• Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills.
• Professional certification in safety management or related field is an added advantage.